At Wellington Zoo we are committed to providing opportunities for people to find their personal connection with nature and our dream is to be the best little Zoo in the world. We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Facilities Manager to manage a small team dedicated to the ongoing maintenance of our assets and sustainability outcomes.
If you have held a leadership and/or project management role and have experience directing, coordinating and planning essential services then this may be the next step in your career. Facilities Manager is a broad role that would suit someone who likes having a combination of office based and site supervision responsibilities.
The Facilities Manager is an expert planner. They are responsible for ensuring programmes, schedules and processes are in place for the maintenance of the Zoo’s exhibits, buildings and infrastructural services. They will be expected to pro-actively look for ways to enhance the team’s processes and systems and manage modification of existing structures and the development of new structures. The job also involves using asset management and associated software systems, working closely with the Conservation Manager on sustainability and overseeing the environmental management system.
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong administrative/project management skills and ability to effectively plan, develop and maintain processes and schedules
- Sound computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience coordinating and supervising the work of both direct report team members and contractors
- Experience directing, coordinating and planning essential services such as power, water, waste management, security, cleaning, landscaping and ongoing maintenance
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing workplace health and safety practices and procedures
- Excellent communication and time management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple requests and priorities
- Whilst not essential experience in construction industry trades and/or experience using asset management and associated software to develop planned maintenance activities would be an advantage.
This is a Monday to Friday role; however the successful applicant will need to be available for call out. Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit and be prepared to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol and criminal history checks.
For further information including a position description and application form please see below.
To apply please email your covering letter, CV and completed application form to email@example.com
or post to Facilities Manager Vacancy, C/- Wellington Zoo Trust, 200 Daniell Street, Newtown, Wellington 6021.
Applications must be received by 5pm Friday 1 May 2015