An opportunity to drive a strong, positive culture of safety and caring in a diverse environment committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, volunteers, contractors and visitors.
Wellington Zoo is a boutique and mighty Zoo that operates to fulfil its aim of igniting a Zoo revolution through celebration, innovation and pride. We have a strong, green furry heart and we care about animals, people and our environment. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who embraces our ethos for conservation and sustainability to join a successful organisation that likes to punch above its weight.
The Health and Safety Manager will work across the strategic, technical and operational framework for health and safety. They will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating the Zoo’s health and safety management strategy, systems, programmes and processes, ensuring risk is mitigated, and that health and safety policies, practices and performance of the Zoo is monitored and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
The successful applicant will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent skills and experience, including a thorough understanding of legislative requirements
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience working with hazard management systems and accident and incident investigation, including root cause analysis
- Strong analytical skills, ability to provide strategic advice and operate within a collaborative framework consisting of internal and external stakeholders
- Sound computer skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- Be a people person capable of motivating, training and supporting others and creating an organisational culture of wellbeing and safety
Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit and be prepared to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol and criminal history checks.
To apply please email your covering letter, CV and completed application form to email@example.com
or post to Health & Safety Manager Vacancy, C/- Wellington Zoo Trust, 200 Daniell Street, Newtown, Wellington 6021.
Applications must be received by close of business Monday 3 August 2015.