At Wellington Zoo we are committed to providing opportunities for people to find their personal connection with nature and our dream is to be the best little Zoo in the world. We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Facilities Manager to manage a small team dedicated to the ongoing maintenance of our assets and sustainability outcomes.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for ensuring programmes, schedules and processes are in place for the maintenance of the Zoo’s exhibits, buildings and infrastructural services. They will be expected to pro-actively look for ways to enhance the team’s processes and systems and manage modification of existing structures and the development of new structures.
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong administrative/project management skills and ability to effectively plan, develop and maintain processes and schedules
- Experience coordinating and supervising the work of both direct report team members and contractors
- Experience directing, coordinating and planning essential services such as power, water, waste management, security, cleaning, landscaping and ongoing maintenance
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing workplace health and safety practices and procedures
- Excellent communication and time management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple requests and priorities
- Sound computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- Whilst not essential experience in construction industry trades and/or experience using asset management and associated software to develop planned maintenance activities would be an advantage.
This is a Monday to Friday role; however the successful applicant will need to be available for call out. Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit and be prepared to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol and criminal history checks.
For further information, please download the job description and application forms below.
To apply please email your covering letter, CV and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
or post to Facilities Manager Vacancy, C/- Wellington Zoo Trust, 200 Daniell Street, Newtown, Wellington 6021. Applications must be received by Friday 6 February 2015.
Visitor Advisor – Casual
Wellington Zoo is a magical place of learning and fun where we encourage people to find their personal connection with nature.
The Sales and Service team are the first faces that our visitors see when they enter the Zoo. They are responsible for providing a seamless visitor experience at the front desk and zoo shop. The preferred candidates will have cash handling and customer service experience preferably from working in retail, another zoo or similar visitor attraction. Preferred candidates will be required to undergo a police background check.
We are looking for someone who is a team player with an outgoing personality who enjoys engaging with customers. If you are happy to work weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays and be contacted to work at short notice then this could be the job for you!
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, download the job description and application forms below.
If this sound like you, and you’d like to be part of a team who is passionate about wildlife, conservation and connecting with our community you can apply by emailing your covering letter, CV and application form to email@example.com
or post it to Casual Visitor Advisor Vacancy, c/- Wellington Zoo Trust, 200 Daniell Street, Newtown, Wellington 6021. Applications must be received by Friday 6 February 2015.
Do you want to be a zoo keeper?
A zoo keeper needs to be dedicated, have a keen interest in animals, be physically fit and enjoy working outside in all weather. Zoo keepers need to be practical, observant and have good communication skills, with an ability to relate to people as well as animals.
To become a Zookeeper at Wellington Zoo, you must have completed the National Certificate in Captive Wild Animals from Unitec in Auckland. This is a zoo-based qualification and directly relevant to zoo work. Other qualifications, or parts of them, may be recognised as equivalent to some parts of the course.